Why Structured Program Sheets? - Personal Training Northville, MI
A personalized structured program is a foundational component in our training programs. Too often we see other gyms and trainers who randomly put up a workout for each of their personal training clients for the day. It's simply a one size fits all. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, in fact, we typically use this method in our classes as many of our clients enjoy coming in for the surprise element.
This randomized method is not ideal in our personal training and semi-private group training programs because it’s not really "personalized" if the exercise selection is random and you never truly learn the movement over time. Anybody can spin the wheel, but true coaching is sitting down with a thought process of delivering the best exercise program for you.
A structured program takes into consideration the client’s goals, needs, abilities, training experience, injury and health history, etc. Taking these factors into consideration allows the coach to construct an ideal training program to deliver the results you want.
We will acknowledge the fact that some clients may have similar crossovers with exercise or different variations, but the overall program is developed around the individual’s goals, limitations, injuries, and training experience.
The program sheet is tailored around you and what you're looking for and what you need to achieve your goals.
So why have program sheets?
- Structured program around your goals, needs, and abilities.
- Track your numbers so we don't play the guessing game of what you did last time.
- Analytics review of your numbers and notes to track progress, assess progression or regression exercises.
- Switch up the routine to keep your body guessing and adapting to the training stimulus.
- Avoid plateaus by shaking up the exercise selection, sets, reps, circuits, and complexes.
- Provides self-awareness, accountability, assessment, and self-reward.
It’s much more than just providing a workout sheet and writing information down. It’s prescribing the optimal training stimulus to allow you to move towards your goals while tracking progress and providing accountability in your growth.